image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, February 14, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - Week 32, 8 to Go!

Another week, and no new pictures again, as our printer/scanner is still at the repair shop. It needed a serious attitude adjustment. :)

Some good news though! My husband's cousin went in yesterday to be induced, as her baby was already over 9 lbs! Of course, this morning, we received a call to update us on the progress. Baby Sturgeon hasn't yet arrived. By midnight last night, contractions were 2 minutes apart, but then mama fell asleep and she woke this morning only dilated to 4cm. So, in came the pitocin, and things are rolling again. Looks like the baby wanted to be a Valentine's Day baby. With an older brother and sister, and a big family, this little one will never suffer from lack of love.

As for me, we're in week 32, and here is the update:

In the latest womb reports, my amazing baby has now developed sensitivity to temperature! This means I'm now getting a swift kick if I put a hot pad or bag of ice, even cold hands, on my gigantic belly. He's already reacted to my husband's hands when they're warm and pressing on my tummy. And yesterday, with the wind blowing, I got a kick immediately following a strong, cool, blast.

In the physical characteristics realm, for the Elton John lovers out there - baby’s got blue eyes. Actually, even if you're too young to know who Elton is, all babies have blue eyes at this point. Their true eye color takes several months after birth to fully develop. Blue could easily change after birth (or even between now and labor), but for the time being, blue it is.

Thanks to their recently matured lungs and a strengthening immune system, over 90% of babies born in their 32nd week survive! So, I can go ahead and throw a mini-party right now because it’s pretty much a done deal - I've got a human-being that's going to make it! That's not to say I actually want my wee womb-squatter to pack his bags and move out now, because he'd still end up in the ICU for a good while, rather than in my arms at home. But at least I know if something were to happen, he'd be fine. No indications of that, though, as this little fella is growing right on schedule with no complications. Praise God!

Besides, babies are best when fully baked! So, I'll keep this bun in my oven for a little while longer....even if his favorite spot these days seems to be directly on my bladder. (sigh)

In other news, we've scheduled our pre-admission time at the hospital and have filled out our preliminary paperwork for labor and delivery preferences. I've also scheduled my prenatal appointments out to week 38, which is the end of March. We'll see just how long this little tyke decides to stay in the womb.

And now some words from the spazz-master inside me:

All right, all this names. A little guy like me can get real confused on who I really am. Makes me wonder just how many different names I'll be called when I'm on the outside. At least they all sound affectionate and not mean. I have a feeling I'll get enough mean from my big sister when I do something to annoy her. So, I can handle all these other names from Mommy and Daddy.

And speaking of that big sister, this morning, Mommy got real cross. She sounded very upset and frustrated. Immediately after that, my sister cried a little. Then, I was put on what felt like a big roller-coaster that went in side to side rhythmic motion with an occasional shift in direction. I hear something about not drawing on the wall and how Mommy had to clean it all up. I don't know what that all means, but it didn't sound good.

Anyway, life is still trodding along day by day. I'm getting more and more cramped, but Mommy usually moves enough to make it bearable. I find a new position, and it works for a while. When that isn't enough, I move, and it's good again. Now, it's time for some sleep.

It's me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. I'll get those new pix as soon as I can. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

2 comments:

Edwina said...

Tiffany,

I'm so excited for you! God is so wonderful to bless you with a new baby.

Blessings,
Edwina

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Thanks, Edwina! Yes, it's a tremendous blessing. And even better knowing we'll soon have 1 of each. A boy and a girl. Just right, since we're done with 2. One for each hand, or one for each parent. :)