image: header
image: gownflare

Monday, February 21, 2011

Baby Stockton #2 Countdown - Week 33, 7 to Go!

Finally! We have our printer back, so I could scan the newest ultrasound pictures from week 30. Unfortunately, the printing function is broken, so we have to get a replacement. Praise God we were still under warranty, so the replacement is free! Phew! Should be here this week. Never know how much you miss a simple thing like printing until you can't do it.

The same goes for missing the movements of a baby inside of you. It's fun feeling the rolls, kicks, and even the hiccups. :)

And now, we're in week 33, so here is the update:

For all the weight and bulk I'm lugging around these days, you’d think my little champ would weigh more than a mere 4-1/2 pounds! But once you add in the placenta, amniotic fluid, and extra blood, I've got at least 10 pounds of baby and their life-support gear smooshed up against my organs! Oh joy!

No wonder why heartburn is increasing, and I find I can't eat more than just a little of the normal portions at meals. I'm snacking most of the day, just like my toddler daughter. :) A little bit here, a little bit there. Drinking lots of water and fluids. And of course, spending more time down the hall emptying my bladder -- the place my son seems to like resting his head more often these days. (sigh)

In terms of appearance, my sweet lil' looker is getting cuter and pudgier every day as he piles on that adorable baby fat. I was at a conference this past weekend and there was a table featuring life-size babies at various stages of development. The one for 32 weeks looked too small to me, but it sure was cute! I actually held the "model" and placed it against my belly.

And when I did, my son gave a hefty kick. LOL! My womb kick-boxer is getting stronger with every passing day. And it’s even possible to observe a well-placed belly-wobbling kick just by watching my belly! He's kicked my daughter too, but she looks at me as if I did it. Her face is precious, wrinkled brow and all.

See those feet over there? Big, just like my daughter was. But since I wear a size 10 and my husband wears a 16, our kids don't stand a chance. :)

Guess it's a good thing he doesn't kick too hard...at least not yet. She'll be in for a rude awakening when he can fight back from all the "abuse" she's given him while he's been cooking in my womb. :) There also a fun game for when a baby is especially active: place a small object (baby blocks or a remote control) on your belly and see how far your star-kicker can lob that thing across the room! I haven't done that yet, but I might when this little one gets going.

And there isn't much time left, as despite his obviously increasing strength, my bigger-by-the-day baby will actually start dropping his rate of movement in the last few weeks, no thanks to his restricted womb space. So, if I'm going to test his foot-strength, I better do it soon!

I remember with my daughter, about a week before she came, I had gone several hours without feeling any movement. I drank some cold juice, laid on my side and waited for some added movement. Still nothing. So I called my doctor and had to do an ultrasound at week 40 plus stress tests and a whole host of other things. In the end, she was fine. Just cramped. I have no doubt my son will be the same.

At the ultrasound, the technician couldn't get a picture of my son's face because he had his hands up there, his feet up there, and even the umbilical cord there. It was almost like, "You're not going to see me. I'm hiding." You can see the hand and head below, but just to the left of the hand, you can make out his foot. They were all up there together. Silly boy.

And now some words from the hiccuping kangaroo inside me:

All right, what's all this about me not moving enough? If Mama wants more movements, I can oblige. She just needs to give me a little more room or stop complaining when I shove something out of the way to stretch my legs. It's hard to tell from in here, but I think I have it pretty good. If I get cramped, she usually moves within a few minutes, and I can find a more comfortable position.

When it gets really dark in here, I don't notice as much movement, so it takes me a little longer to get comfortable. But once I am, Mama and I both rest for several hours. At least I do. Sometimes I get the feeling she isn't sleeping as much as I, and there are some days or nights when it feels like she rolls from side to side a lot. A few weeks ago, there was a time when some popping sound echoed across my little home here. Not sure what it was, but Mama said she felt better afterward. And if she feels better, I feel better. So who am I to complain?

Two nights ago, I sensed she was really worn out. But that was probably because that big sister of mine was screaming a lot and wouldn't do something I heard Mama and Daddy call "night-night." The crying and loud noise went on for over an hour. Maybe even two. Poor Mama and Daddy. And this was after I heard them say my sister had only taken something called a "nap" for 45 minutes. She also woke up a lot earlier than normal from what I could tell.

I don't know. I might just have to set her straight when I come out there. Show her who is boss. Good thing these incidents don't happen often, or I think Mama might be really worn out. Guess I have to wait a little while longer before I can see what all the hub-bub is. In the meantime, I'll stay here in my snug little sac to finish cooking, as Mama says a lot. Sounds like it's much safer here.

It's me again. The mama. :) That's it for now. Tune in each week for the latest. I'll get those new pix as soon as I can. And if you want to receive an email each time I post an update, subscribe using the form over there at the top right.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me...some of you for the second time.

2 comments:

Barbara Curtis said...

Tiff,
I have tears in my eyes looking at the picture of your little guy. How amazing that with modern technology you get to see babies before they're born. How amazing God is in creating new, precious life!
Praying for you!
Barbara

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

I agree, Barbara. I am in awe each time I get a little peek inside. :) Thanks for the prayers.